Sunday, August 18, 2013

new around here

working view by Digital Heather
working view, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

This is my view. I painted (if you can call it that) the watercolor front and center last year for my husband. I hung it there so he could look at my and Bowie's darling faces while he works. Although these days, I'm the one doing all the looking at it. I never finished my office. I'm still working out of my husband's. No harm. No foul. I just lost steam. I guess.

I have also fallen off of the wagon. I'm back to drinking the demon soda pop. Not nearly as much as I used to, but still more than I'd like to. I've been understandably stressed and upset. Am I justifying it? Probably. It could be worse. I don't do drugs, drink liquor or take pills. Not even acetaminophen. Not anymore, that is. Seriously. If I'm trying to convince you then you must be new around here. My point is-- it's just soda and it will pass.

I'm in a bit of a funk. I get away with the bare minimum of cooking. Just enough so my husband isn't starving or just eating Kraft dinner. I haven't done anything crafty in almost a month now.

It's probably just the 30 year old blues mixed with the uncertainty my existence holds. Add the miscarriage. Add the misadventures with teenager.

I probably just need a vacation or a very long drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment