Wednesday, October 9, 2013

truly uncultured

Halloween 2013 Cookies by Digital Heather
Halloween 2013 Cookies, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

So my local library doesn't have In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. Not because someone currently has it checked out. They don't have it. But they have 50 Shades of Gray. Imagine the faces I made. I'm still making them. But I guess I don't know who is truly uncultured here-- them for not having it or me for finally going to the library after living here for 11 months. Ugh.

Speaking of disappointment... I'm just as disappointed in American Horror Story Coven as I thought I would be. It's no Murder House. And it certainly isn't Asylum. It's a hot, rushed, mess. I also made the mistake of watching it while eating dinner with J. The first half was gorier than I'd like when eating leftover meatloaf.

We had a lizard in our house yesterday. I'm so baffled about how. Just the other day our neighbors said they kept finding lizards in their house. We were trying to figure out a way to quietly catch it without Bowie noticing but were unsuccessful. She figured it out. RIP Lizard. The picture is pre-Bowie, so he is alive and happy.

I've been keeping up with my Halloween/Fall baking way better than I anticipated. I made ghost cupcakes, yummy streusel muffins, and Halloween sugar cookies (seen above).


3 comments:

  1. I have In Cold Blood, you can borrow it if you want, hell I probably wouldn't care if you never gave it back, I had to get it for a college class.

    ReplyDelete