Friday, August 9, 2013

find some peace

august berries by Digital Heather
august berries, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

It's a better day. Better than it's been.

The teenager is being a real turd about waking up in the mornings. For three mornings now I've missed 8am mass. I need it. I'm struggling. I need to chill out and feel my Lord. I hope teenager can maybe find some peace in the process too. My husband and I had pretty tame teenage years on account of what squares we were/are. Relating to this angry young adult and this situation is an adventure.

My days are so different now. Extra food to cook. High school math homework. Discipline. Drama. Etc etc. Speaking of drama, two very attractive female police officers paid us a visit on account of teenager. I now affectionately refer to them as the "hot cops". It's an Arrested Development reference but also true.

I coulda been a hot cop. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment