Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My heart hurts

heart smart snacking by Digital Heather
heart smart snacking, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

I often say, it's been a long day! Or loooooong day! Or a long hard day. I realized today I hate that and I'm done saying it. Every day is as long and short as the others. My long hard day is probably pesos for someone who's got it harder and tougher. Today was long. Today was hard. But I'm done saying that.

Teenager is beginning a different life now. It could have ended better. A hundred different ways better. My husband and I are truly sad. My heart hurts. I've known teenager since before they were born. Seeing teenager grow up has been bittersweet. The last week was difficult. I want teenager to make good choices. I want teenager to be in control and successful next time I see them.

I know we did everything we could and tried every avenue but I still can't help but feel like I didn't try hard enough or maybe I was too tough.

It's been a difficult year. It's been emotional and personal. Life is. I'd shake my head when teenager thought they knew everything. I now wonder who's shaking their head at me. I don't know everything at 30. Sometimes I think I do. I wonder what else I'll learn. I wonder what else will happen this year because it's truly been one hell of a year. Not so much what else could go wrong... But what else can I take away from these experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment