Wednesday, August 7, 2013

teenagers will be teenagers

pitfallen by Digital Heather
pitfallen, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

I'm losing my mind a little. Maybe a lot. Don't worry. It's probably not what you think.

My husband and I inherited a teenager for an undisclosed amount of time. I was so ready to be a mom-- as long as that meant cutesy baby things. Not teenage delinquency and brooding. This certain teenager is not able to be taken care of by their mom or dad and my husband and I are now legal custodians per a male version of Judge Judy.

We're on day three. I understand teenagers will be teenagers but why is this one so argumentative and entitled? I haven't put my foot down so much since my days of managing the video game store and the corresponding gaggle of teenage employees.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment