Friday, June 22, 2012

Story of my life.

animal windows by ceck0face
animal windows, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

I first visited the museum of natural history back in 2004 when my husband and I were dating. I fell in love with it for so many reasons-- I love museums for one, but there are so many more reasons. I see this picture and feel two things. I want to go back to NY (for even more reasons) and I get the urge to watch Night at the Museum. I took this picture because seeing the multitude of windows simultaneously for the first time and every time stirs such a wonderful feeling inside me.

We're going back to New York for a wedding in October and I simply cannot wait. I love New York so much. I think I grew up wishing I could live there someday or was that just everyone else's dream in practically every movie? If you told me I'd be living in my hometown for 30 years, I would have corrected you. I had such big plans as a teenager and young adult. I was going to shake the dust from my kicks (and not just figuratively, I live in the desert) and move on to greener pastures (again, literally greener).

I'm not disappointed. And I'm not reliving my decisions and mistakes at 2:30 in the morning because my birthday is coming, I promise. I still tell myself that someday, I'll live in New York. And I will. I have said goodbye to so many people who have left to live life in a different place and sometime it will be my turn. My goodbye. My going away.

But anyway. Getting back to it. I love any excuse to buy a new dress or new shoes. I don't think I've worn a dress since my wedding and it's killing me. Okay, probably not. I'll also get to spend time with my mother-in-law which is nice.

I think another one of my recipes won, although I could be completely wrong. I noticed a--- we shall call it a glitch in the Matrix?-- and I think I found a correlation between a certain something and a recipe that wins. My finding doesn't make it win... it's just more of a "dog ear."

I'm only up to Day 12 - Classic Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips

I'm not losing steam, just running out of train tracks? I have to finish this because I never finish anything. Story of my life. But also... my husband and I can only eat so much food. I wish I could donate perishable food. Maybe I can. Ideally, I could just invite my friends on Facebook to come over and eat a bunch of desserts and give me feedback. Sounds easy enough but people rarely take us up on the offer-- even when there aren't any ulterior motives or conditions. I have come to the conclusion that my husband and I are boring hosts. That's what I really wanted to say all along.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment