Thursday, June 27, 2013

The subplot of life

So nothing yet. Still.

I made an awesome cake yesterday. Recipe and tutorial here. And not because I didn't feel like cleaning my office. I had totally already planned to make it. Totally. I wish my mom didn't live 90 minutes away and or she had a cellphone so I could text her a picture. I know she'd love it.

Being anti-social is so easy without Facebook, lately. That sounds more obvious than it is. I think it's just a fleeting thing and I'll get over it soon.

The one or two people that I'm not being anti-social towards still have a hard time understanding why anyone would delete their FB. Was I cryptic about that? Maybe. My husband's family lives on the other side of the country. I decided to make that distance even greater. I'd make it greater if I could, but I don't know how.

It's been a good life lesson, I suppose. Another piece of the puzzle. When I have a son someday, I know what kind of mother not to be. I know what kind of mother-in-law not to be. No matter how mentally unstable his wife may get. My "dirty laundry" or "dirty secrets" were too much for them to publicly handle. (Not my words, by the way. I'm not ashamed of who I am.)

How can you ask for help without speaking up? So I said suck it. Who cares. Sure, life is too short for staying mad at people but life isn't fun when people treat you like that either. I guess I only bring it up because this plight is not my own. It's the subplot of every tv show ever. The subplot of life. There's no right answer. Some people can deal and some can't. I decided I can't anymore. I have a mom and I don't have room for bullies. Actually that's a perfect way to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment