Friday, June 14, 2013

Keep on keepin' on

blue cart by ceck0face
blue cart, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

I don't know if I'm enjoying my summer yet.

It's hot. The 112 degree kind of hot. Our new house doesn't have a pool and my childhood home and pool are an hour away. Our backyard is dirt as we haven't planted grass yet. So my summer so far has really just been light writing online, watching tv, napping, eating. Rinse. Repeat.

In baby news, nothing yet. No cramping or pain or spotting or anything! I'm a pro when it comes to waiting and being patient but boy is this ever a test. My lifestyle hasn't changed since we got the news. I'm still taking my prenatal vitamins and foregoing all other medicines or pills except my daily lovenox injections. I'm also still eating super healthy-- I do that anyway. I rub my belly and talk to the baby throughout the day, encouraging her to stick around so we can meet her. J gives her kisses and says things like, "Keep on truckin'" or "Keep on keepin' on". And I pray. Like I've never prayed in my life before.

So we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment