Saturday, September 22, 2012

rejoicing and complaining

Blogging, crafting, and writing are therapeutic-- to a degree. I made this button vase and jar recently. I have a tutorial and video here.

What I thought was just my endometriosis progressing turned out to be something different indeed. I went to my follow-up appointment with my high-risk OBGYN. We discussed the results of my fallopian tube procedure, which I already knew went well because I watched on a screen with my very own eyes as the dye travelled through my tubes and confirmed that they were not blocked from the endometriosis. My OBGYN confirmed that they were infact, fully functional and great but that I have a large fibroid tumor growing in my uterus.

The symptoms associated with uterine tumors are not anything out of the ordinary for me. Pelvic pressure and pain-- I've had for over a year from my endo. Heavy menstrual bleeding-- I have anyway because I take blood thinners because of my two blood clotting disorders.

I have to say, finding out that this was the culprit was very rewarding. Okay, yeah, I freaked out the entire first day I found out. But knowing that there was a reason I felt like I was getting sicker and I felt like I was on an emotional rollercoaster-- It's nice to know I'm not crazy or imagining these things.

They're doing more tests because I have three hormones that are irregularly high and low. They're doing more imaging of the tumor this upcoming week and then scheduling surgery. Surgery scares me-- I'm a high risk with my blood clotting issues as we learned last summer when I wound up with more than a dozen post-op blood clots in my lungs. It's scary. I won't deny that. But I also just want to get this show on the road so I can start rejoicing and complaining about babies instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment