Tuesday, September 18, 2012

the wrath of my moping

Owl Plates by ceck0face
Owl Plates, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

My husband bought me these very cute owl plates because he always gets me cute stuff but also because the wrath of my moping when I don't get something can be fierce.

My friend Lizz is always sending me txt messages that say something like, "Don't go to Hobby Lobby unless you have money because they got new owls in!" The other day I got a picture message that was an entire display of these plates, cookie jars, mugs, S&P shakers, etc. I immediately showed it to my husband-- who happened to be showering at the time, but this was an emergency.

I'm going to hang the owl-shaped plates on the wall and the dessert plates will be used as such. But when we have kids, I'm packing them away somewhere high and secretive so no one can even think about breaking them. I say this because I was that kid and I'm sure I ruined lots of stuff my mom loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment