Friday, September 14, 2012

a lot of guff

Melted Crayon Window by ceck0face
Melted Crayon Window, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

This is one of my favorite DIY projects. There's something about crayons I will always love.

I recently discovered I've been plagiarized-- over a dozen times actually. I'm flattered and angered. Flangered. In all honesty, I've been having a lousy few weeks. My body feels like it's turning against me. It was rough enough but this new drama is the last thing I have time or energy to tackle.

I'm trying to focus my energy on happy stuff while I'm waiting for the thieves to remove my content. I take a lot of guff for watching shows like The Real Housewives of New Jersey-- but they have life lessons embedded too. I've learned a lot about dealing with people-- especially people you'd rather not deal with. I missed out on some of those lessons when I was home-schooled for high school. Also... "Holding onto anger makes you ugly." And Dina Manzo is far from ugly, so I'll consider her a reliable source.

So to keep me from stewing in my own anger, I'm working on new DIY projects for this month. I'm also planning out my costumes for NYC Comic Con in a few weeks. My husband and I are leaving Arizona for a bit to attend a wedding and visit with family. Thanks to my mother-in-law, we've got tickets to CC. I finally tried on my Ghostbuster flight suit this morning-- something I have been avoiding for fear it didn't fit anymore. Even though I weigh less than I did last year, I still weigh more than when I wore this costume in 2009 while promoting the next-gen Ghostbuster game. It fits just a tad more snug, but in all the right places. I feel more attractive in it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment