Monday, May 14, 2012

cookies and ants and wasps, oh my!

stained glass cookies by ceck0face
stained glass cookies, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

I made these cookies with my mom yesterday for Mother's day. It was a fun day. Recipe and steps are here.

I had a quilt as a baby that featured a teddy bear picnic and some very cute ants were partaking in some of that picnic fun. It's a fond memory. The ants were smiling and overall cute. Anyway. I'm having some kind of ant problem in my kitchen with very tiny ants that don't bite. They're driving me insane because I can't seem to figure out where they're coming from.

On a similar note, we have a mud wasp who is trying to build a nest outside of our sliding door. I swear, we are being invaded. I thought I successfully killed his efforts with some scorpion-strength Raid, but I saw him again this morning. Thankfully, we've never had to use the scorpion spray. We bought it because it also kills spiders-- all of which are my husbands sworn enemies. I figured.. strong enough for a man but PH balanced for-- I mean, Strong enough for a scorpion, so hopefully it will work for a mud wasp?

We'll see. I understand the economy is bad. I'll feel bad if the ants are a homeless family and the wasp is just trying to build a home for his new wife (I can relate). But get out of my house!

These cookies stayed on the counter exactly long enough for a picture and then I put them in the frig. I've got ants on the brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment