Friday, May 25, 2012

another summer, another blessing

This is a side by side of my grandmothers. My paternal grandmother is on the left. I look more like my maternal grandmother (right) except for the nose. I put these pics together for an article I did about "Short hair on women: sexy or socially-unacceptable?"

I've had a heck of a month. I'm currently writing for two websites and recently got a traditional job. As in the kind where I doll myself up and leave the house. It's a change. I haven't really worked in over a year. I'm working in the local bookstore that originally hired me to blog for their website. It's been hectic but I am thankful. I also need to read more.

I'm very keen about fully emersing myself into whatever job I have at the time. Although I've been a life-long gamer, when I managed a videogame store I was playing anything I could get my hands on and reading about the industry daily. I'm really out of the loop lately and perhaps it's time for a new loop anyway. I almost want to compile a summertime reading list for myself, but I hate setting myself up to fail. I'll take it slow. I'm starting with Judy Blume's, Wifey. I read most of her adolescent books when I was younger and when "liking" her on facebook last year, I discovered she has adult books too. I'm an adult. I think.

This has the makings of a great summer. Anything beats last year. I can't say anything else without jinxing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment