Tuesday, March 27, 2012

rude or improper

pupstairs by ceck0face
pupstairs, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

She's never done this before, so I had to snap a pic.

So I finally broke down and joined pinterest recently. I put it off for such a long time because of my addictive tendencies. I saw it being a time-suck that would take priority over laundry, cooking and hygiene. I know myself. I got an F in grade school when I got a super Nintendo because Donkey Kong Country and Bubsy were more important than writing about president Garfield. And I'd like to also add that when I finally did write the paper, I made a bunch of stuff up and to this day I have a hard time remembering what parts truly happened in history and what is my own baloney.

Anyway. I'm not addicted yet but only because I'm still very confused by it. I'm convinced that I'm "doing it wrong." It's all very overwhelming and the idea of categorizing and filing stuff I like seems like a chore. So for now, I don't repin stuff, I just like it. I wonder if that's rude or improper pinterest etiquette. I dunno. But it has been a great tool for generating traffic to my "job blog."

You can find me on pinterest under heathersez

I'm still enjoying doing it. As a matter of fact, this month has been my most profitable. I've been getting a ton of traffic and that was even before I joined pinterest. I also started posting on facebook when I write a new article. I hadn't been doing that because, I dunno. Embarrassed? Why is blogging such a dirty little secret for me? It's a long story. Well, it's a short story, but maybe next time.

You can read my work blog over here.

Lately, I've been writing articles that are essentially installments in a wedding series. It's been a lot of fun. Getting married was so much fun. I'd do it again tomorrow, if we could.

Disney in two days. I'm a lucky girl. For lots of reasons, of course. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment