Tuesday, April 10, 2012

exactly this

Disney was great. I never want to leave. Waking up the morning you have to leave is always the worst. Well, at least for me. Honeymoon was great. You can read about it here: A Disneyland Honeymoon. I hate to say it, but I hope that this was our last trip to Disney for awhile. I hope to return in a few years with a baby archaeologist or rockband or both (baby name foreshadowing).

My freelance writing is actually taking off and I sit here sometimes wondering how it even happened and in disbelief that I can make money doing exactly this. That people will read what I have to say. I never have short stories or concise thoughts. I always begrudgingly hide my journalism degree when I come across it.

If you told me blank ago that I'd be blanking, I would have said you were crazy. I fill in those blanks a lot lately. About everything. I still can't believe I'm married or that we have our own home or that I'm finally doing something that closely resembles what I went to college for and that the prospect of making money has nothing to do with managing whiny teenagers for 50+ hrs a week. Have I mentioned that no longer working for giant-video-game-chain is awesome? Yes, I have.

Oh well. I'll say it summore. I also can't believe that these days, my bad days are only a few a week and of course during my lady times. My blood has been stable. I can feel my endometriosis progressing again and the permanent damage from my pulmonary embolism is more annoying than painful. But being active and actively trying to make a baby wasn't something I could even think of when I was bed-ridden last year.

Crazy stuff. Crazy awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment