Thursday, March 22, 2012

rituals are fun

easter eggs by ceck0face
easter eggs, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

These are eggs that I colored with my family last year. I'm excited for Easter. I always am. Sadly, it is the pageantry that excites me. I say sadly because it's the opposite of what Easter should mean for a Catholic girl... or what Passover means to my husband. I love buying a cute outfit and cute spring shoes especially for Easter Sunday. And I really love coloring eggs. What can I say? Pagan rituals are fun.

My dishes are being replaced... but I'll believe it when I see it. If they don't make me return the broken ones, I plan to make some sort of mosaic picture frame since they ARE our wedding colors. I was thinking today about the moments that have defined my adulthood. Moments that stood out and made me think or say, "Wow, this is a big deal. This is adult stuff." Ordering those dishes was one of those moments. They were our first "nice" dishes in our new house as husband and wife. I know. It's cutesy and ridiculous. I'll stop.

Speaking of husband and wife... Jason and I are finally going on our honeymoon. We've been married about 5 months but everything has been crazy. He had to go back east right after we were married and I wasn't cleared to fly by my doctor. Then I was in the hospital. Then we moved. We had only his income until recently and when I received my unemployment backpay, it almost all went towards bills. And our tax return went towards a washer and dryer that we had been without since we moved. The washer and dryer was also one of those "adult moments." Anyway. So next Thursday we're going to Disneyland. I can't even express my excitement. It's a honeymoon and Disney. It might sound tacky or cheap, but we really REALLY love Disney. Nothing could top a Disneyland honeymoon.

Oh. I guess I should say, we're only going to Disney if I'm not pregnant. We should know in a few days. If I am pregnant, then yay! and we'll just go out of town instead but nothing as thrilling or physical as a theme park. If I'm not pregnant, I won't feel that little sink of disappointment though because it means Disney! That will be an awful tease for any other month that I'm not pregnant. I'll want to go back every time.

I think this baby is waiting to come because he/she knows we haven't honeymooned yet. They know exactly how much of a pain in the butt they plan to be and know that if we don't go now, then he/she isn't going to let us for a very long time. It's actually quite considerate of him/her. So thanks baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment