Sunday, September 11, 2011

lots of finagling

This is the nail polish I was talking about earlier. I first saw it on a nurse when I was in the hospital all hopped up on morphine and thought it was an illusion. I'm so in love with it and I'm worried it'll be a fleeting phase (merchandise-wise) and won't come back until I have teenagers, or something. I say this because when my sisters were teenagers in the early 80s, and I was just a little thing, we had those nail polish pens that only recently came back into fashion/production.

I went out with friends the other night for over-priced food and rigged video games. We went out with another couple, which we don't do too often, and we're much like Lily and Marshall in that episode of HIMYM, where they are perpetually trying to find the "perfect couple" to hang with. Yeah. Us too. Anyway.

I had a giant pimple above the left side of my top lip. I was so self-conscious about it, mostly because whenever it's close to the mouth I'm certain that other people will think it's herpes (if they even notice it at all). Typical girl. So I used some proactive concealer on it, which always just brings more attention to it. Then I had the amazing idea of putting the tiniest dot of MAC brow tint directly on it. Now this really DOES sound like an advertorial! It comes in a tube with a mascara brush and it's kind of a brownish red color that matches my hair dye. I didn't use mascara because all of mine are dark black and believe it or not, I don't own any kinds of eyeliner (I hate it). The MAC brow tint is actually almost the exact same color as the rest of my beauty marks and moles, so it worked out perfectly. I actually used the rounded tip of a bobby pin to apply and gave it time to dry. I also brushed a little loose powder over it after dry to make it look more natural / less dramatic. I just had to remember it was there and avoid smudging it off when I was wiping my mouth with a napkin or blowing my nose.

I started making the wedding programs tonight. It's proving to be a pain in the ass. The design/idea I had requires lots of finagling in publisher, but it'll be fine. They'll be heart-shaped on gold-painted tongue depressors that will double as fans. Very cute. Pics as soon as I make some mock-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment