Saturday, June 4, 2011

almost nothing to it

"There's nothing more pathetic than an aging hipster." Dr. Evil 1997

It's true. It's true 14 years later and let's face it, it's never going to stop being true. It's my background noise because nothing else is on at 6am. Even the TV knows it's summer and there are 100 better things to do. But back to the hipster bit...

An asymmetrical haircut might be too hip for my blood, but it was that or completely shave my head. You never realize how much energy and effort it takes to do daily tasks until you can't. And I can't keep torturing Jason with the "Honey, will you do my hair" guilt trips because he burns his fingers and has no idea what he's doing. He gets points though because how many men (who don't normally use styling tools or products on themselves or for a living or ever in their life) do you know who would at least try? <3

My hairstylist has wanted to cut my hair like this since I met her last year and I could never commit. The thought of only being able to style my hair ONE WAY and having it semi-permanently parted on always the same side wasn't something that appealed to me in the long run. Oh well. I did it. I'm pretty happy with it. It's actually self-styling with my natural curls and I have to do almost nothing to it, which is perfect for my current situation. From the front it looks like it's just half-up or half-falling out which is usually how I style it anyway. It's short in the back and off my neck so my Star Wars tattoo shows.

Contrary to everything in this picture, I am not an aging hipster. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment