Monday, June 6, 2011

talk to someone about it

having an operation by ceck0face
having an operation, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

I used to have a boring desk job that entailed more internet-browsing and homework than actual work. It was before myspace and facebook (2001) or anything similar or in between. I mostly wrote my papers for college and bought stuff on eBay.

Like my Mr. Rogers posters. I paid almost nothing for them and haven't seen them anywhere else on- or offline. I cheaply framed them and they're hanging next to our bed behind our door. If the bedroom door is open, you don't see them, and usually forget about them.

This pic shows all three posters.

My surgery is less than 30 hours away and I find comfort in his familiar sweaters.

If you can't read the poster, it says:

HAVING AN OPERATION
An Operation
is a way for doctors to fix something inside your body so that you will be healthier.

When you wonder what it's like to have an operation, it's good to talk to someone about it.

-Mister Rogers

And so. Here I am. Talking to someone.

I've been in the hospital, worn a cast, and will undergo a third surgery soon. That should unlock some kind of achievement or trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment