Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Have you met my husband?

gazebo nuzzle by ceck0face
gazebo nuzzle, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

Have you met my husband?

The last three mornings I have anxiously awoken, trying to remember what I have to accomplish for the wedding that day. When I realize the wedding has already happened, I experience this ping of excitement followed by a bittersweet drop.

I need something to do. I need something to plan. I planned the entire wedding and we made everything ourselves. Everyone says I should do this professionally and after much shrugging around, maybe I might.

I'm in a weird limbo of sorts. The wedding is over. We haven't honeymooned yet. Jason went back to work and then leaves for NY for a few days to attend the wedding of one of his groomsmen. We can't make a baby until we get the ok from the doctors. It's a weird funk that I wish I could shake.

Everyone keeps asking how it feels to be married. It feels the same. After 8 years, people always assumed we already were married. I'm happy we didn't hit ten because that's when people whisper and raise eyebrows.

I have to say, I do love seeing Jason wearing a ring. I also love the, "Have you met my wife" jokes.

Oh I know what I can do...I'm going to do all the holiday baking and decorating that I never could when I was in retail. It's going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment