Monday, October 10, 2011

any day and every day

tim burton doll by ceck0face
tim burton doll, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

Okay, so just for the record, it isn't really a Tim Burton doll, but it could be. It should be.

My best friend found this doll while we were antiquing and I'm really surprised she didn't buy it. She fell in love with it and he was only 15 bucks. I'm pretty sure he's haunted and if he isn't yet, it's only a matter of time. Had she bought him he would have become possessed by the spirit of the dead cat that bled out all over the back seat of her car. (This sounds terrible, but she was actually saving a cat that someone else hit.) It's a weird story, but this close to Halloween we can write it off as festive.

Nineteen days until my last name becomes considerably shorter. For years people have joked that my name was too long and for years I joked back that I was "working on it." Four letters beats ten any day and every day for the rest of mine.

I'm getting increasingly stressed out about stuff getting paid for and going as planned. I was a cucumber until recently. I used to watch Bridezilla's and laugh at how silly they got over minutia but I tried watching it last night and I felt anxious like I was watching a suspenseful thriller movie. My severance from my previous employer was smaller than I signed for because I didn't know that the IRS legally taxes it at 25%. It would have been nice for them to disclose that, although I guess they don't have to.

Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment