Thursday, July 14, 2011

scientifically correct

birthday monkey by ceck0face
birthday monkey, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

It's official. I'm 28. It's a bummer being sick and poor on your birthday, but hey. I could be dead or homeless, so I am thankful nonetheless.

For the first 6 months of the year J is older than me and for the remainder we're the same age. He will argue that he is always older than me, and is technically and scientifically correct, but you know what I mean.

This is a giant sock monkey my mother got me. My other soon-to-be-mother bought me a beautiful peignoir set that makes me feel very va-va-VOOM... which I haven't felt since April. My birthday consisted of a cat scan of my lungs, an ultrasound of my neck and arm, a free birthday lunch (technically we were taste-testing our wedding meal), finalizing our wedding flowers, a long angry nap, and a free dozen of krispy kremes.

I've still got 1.25 hrs left of my birthday, so the night is not young but neither am I and much like life lately, I dunno what else she might bring.

Happy Birthday to me. Life is good! I'm marrying my best friend and planning all the details is uber exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment