Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I get it now

new telephoto lens by ceck0face
new telephoto lens, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

There isn't a huge difference between digital Heather and analog or otherwise. Actually, there is no difference at all. It's only a matter of what names are left at the end of the day.

I'm not new to blogging; just needed a change of scenery. I've spent two weeks trying to think of a new name for a new blog. I've always firmly believed that I have nothing new to offer. It's all been said before. This became doubly true when blog names like "nothingnew" or "saidbefore" had already been taken.

About 10 yrs ago, I had a hard time understanding what 'blogger' was. I had a site made from scratch and did the coding all myself. I wrote blogger off as "something people use when they can't do it themselves." I was proud and now I'm just old and lazy.

I recently deleted a blog kept from '04 - 2011. I don't even know why I did, to be honest (delete it, not keep it, that is). I remember when I was 18 (also 10 yrs ago), I had a friend who broke up with his girlfriend simply because he didn't want to date someone as an adult whom he had dated in high school. I couldn't understand where he was coming from because the idea of a transitioning romance appealed to me. If I remember correctly, I called him an asshole, and stopped being his friend. I wouldn't even know the first place to look for him these days so I could send him a one-liner that reads "I get it now."

I don't want to have the same blog anymore. I'm different now. I'm older but surely not smarter-- just in a different place in my life with different glasses. That blog actually marked a new beginning. This blog, or the birth of this blog, isn't nearly as momentous.

Blogs all seem so phony these days. Is that really you? Are you really that beautiful? Are these really your words? I guess people might think I'm a phony too. I'm not. Exactly what a phony would say :)

No comments:

Post a Comment