Thursday, February 16, 2012

in my holster

fortunate by ceck0face
fortunate, a photo by Digital Heather on Flickr.

I always point out to others that the fortune won't come true if you don't eat the cookie. The last few years or so, I lost my appetite for fortune cookies. I love to crack them open and read and sometimes get excited, but I never eat them. When I opened this one, I took a picture of it and then made my dog, Bowie, eat it just for good measure.

Strange idea here, but it seems that the more time I have in my holster, the less I blog. And when I worked 70 hours a week, I used that as an excuse too. Oh well. I'm here now. Let's not argue.

I've been blogging for about 12 years now. I shake my head in equal parts of disbelief and awe, but I should know better. I'm not a girl of few words. I don't know if it's preparedness or hoarding. I can't make it a day wearing something without pockets. I always over-pack.

I'm also always derailing trains to catch ones with longer stories... anyway, like I was saying...

When I had some major life event (and I probably just mean arbitrary break-ups that timelined my existence), I left my blogs to die or deleted them entirely. It feels nice to know that maybe this won't be my last blog but it won't end with heart break.

I'm hopefully (cross your fingers for me) coming to an end with this long-standing unemployment fight. I haven't worked since August. I'm putting serious thought into making wedding invitations like everyone says I should. We'll see.

I never saw myself as a stay-at-home-Heather but there isn't any shame here. I keep any straggling guilt at bay by reminding myself I worked myself every day since a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment